Quinn Infrastructure has been operating for over 30 years, as a principal contractor providing Design, Construction, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance services across a number of disciplines including Mechanical, Electrical, Fire, BFM, Signaling and Telecoms, Electrification and Power and Overhead Line Engineering within the Transport sector.
Our business focus has remained unchanged over the last 30 years in providing national railway infrastructure services to our clients who include Network Rail, Transport for London, Train Operating Companies and Tier 1 Contractors.
The Pre-Construction Department is a shared service across the business providing business development, quotation and marketing activities. The team works closely with all departments ensuring the collaborative production of high quality work winning solutions.
The team is small and strong and works closely to achieving business targets and growth.
If you want to contribute significantly to the growth and development of an innovative company, be challenged in a line of work that really impacts people’s lives for good, and engage in a fantastic team environment, we’d like to hear from you.
The role of the Proposals Co-ordinator is to manage the central Pre-Construction Department Systems, including the Tender Schedule, portals and incoming enquiries. The role will also manage all pre-ITT requirements. As Proposals Co-ordinator you will have the opportunity to work with all parts of the business and be part of a smallbid team.
You will also be expected to assist in the larger bids for the team where relevant and the right candidate will have the opportunity to develop bid management experience.
• Managing the central Pre-Construction System, including maintenance of the Tender Schedule
• Analysing and responding to SSQs, EOIs, requests for information and similar documents.
• Setting up all necessary elements to launch the Bid Process
• Providing support on internal and external presentations.
• Department administration, including setting up meetings and taking minutes.
• Portal management, maintenance and scanning to identify opportunities aligned to business strategy.
• Assisting with the development of written content.
• Maintaining a library of collateral, templates and CVs.
• Producing well-presented commercial and customer-facing documents.
• Internal reporting and statistics, produced from the Tender Schedule.
• Project work to support delivery of the Bid Team strategy.
• Strong planning and organisation skills, able to effectively prioritize, multi-task and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Highly accountable, able to ‘own’ required outcomes and ensure deadlines are met.
• Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to assess situations and identify solutions
• Ability to influence and communicate at a senior level.
• Accurate with a high attention to detail.
• Professional and confident to communicate across the business at all levels.
• Creative flair, combined with good writing skills.
• Quick to adapt to new software and technical tools.
• Competent and proficient understanding of and experience with Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Microsoft Project would be an advantage, as would experience in InDesign
Quinn Infrastructure’s Core Values
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
• Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline is desirable. Depth and breadth of experience will be taken into account where these qualifications have not been attained.
• Proven experience and success in a similar role.
• Experience of the tender process and understanding of key terminology.
Core Culture and Behaviors:
• Works with passion and enthusiasm to succeed.
• Have the ability to build relationships quickly and motivate the Pre-Construction Department.
• Emotional intelligence and ability to be flexible with style of working depending on the situation.
• Happy to work with others to achieve a common goal.
• Willingness and enthusiastic to get involved with all tasks.
• Comfortable and experienced in working closely with other departments/ teams and collaborative team working is essential.
• Assertive yet tactful in motivating other members of the Pre-Construction Department to produce a successful submission.
Hours & Environment
• Mainly office-based with some external client meetings and site visits, when required.
• Most of the time you will work a relatively standard week. But, as an important submission deadline approaches, you may be doing longer hours.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@quinninfrastructure.co.uk.