The Commercial Manager/Lead is responsible for managing and maintaining commercial information on each project and reporting commercially to the Commercial Director.
• Departmental commercial reporting for Infrastructure South
• Support the department and work with the relevant Head/SPM/PM to optimise all project opportunities
• Liaise with customers and required project management
• Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants and subcontractors
• Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
• Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
• Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
• Produce and maintain up to date Commercial reports
• Analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
• Compile subcontract orders for approval
• Visit site to measure and value works completed
• Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
• Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
• Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office and the site, carrying out other duties as required
• Assist in the guidance and development of junior surveyors
• Other commercial matters as required
• Attend internal and external meetings as required.
• Ensure confidentiality of all correspondence and work related issues
• Ensure compliance and consistency in the use of key commercial procedures and contract administration of the contract
• Produce all work in line with Quinn Infrastructure’s Quality Management System and HSQE Management System and use best practice methods
• To comply with Quinn Infrastructure’s company Handbook, Policies and Procedures
Preferred Skills and Behaviours:
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Financial and commercial acumen
• Mathematically literate with a high attention to detail
• Analytical and numerate
• Collaborative team working capability
• Enthusiasm, drive & decisiveness
• In depth construction knowledge gained in a multi-disciplined environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit would be desirable.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience predominantly with a main contractor is essential.
• A high degree of fluency of the NEC suite of contracts is essential.
• IT literate to a high level, including ability to learn & use in-house applications is essential.
• Evidence of significant commercial contribution and control to Works.
• A degree in any discipline is desirable but not essential.
• Accreditations and professional membership desirable but not essential
• Flexible working will be required in order to meet project deadlines and locations.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@quinninfrastructure.co.uk.