If you are a qualified project management professional, this is a fantastic opportunity to tackle complex issues and ensure the success of a multitude of engaging projects.
Joining a rapidly expanding company, this is a superb chance to lead an experienced and resourceful team in a highly challenging yet rewarding role.
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning, delivering and closing customer projects. Specifically, you will co-ordinate resources and staff to deliver projects that meet specifications and ensure customer satisfaction is achieved.
You will coach and motivate employees to perform to the best of their ability and deliver services that exceed customer expectations.
- Defining project scope, goals, deliverables and key success criteria for the project.
- The effective day to day management of the project. Effectively leading the project team to achieve the milestones and objectives.
- Development of project plans and associated communications documents for the project and regularly updating them.
- Engaging HSEQ as needed on the project, putting all necessary Method Statements are in place and ensuring a safe working environment is maintained.
- Financial performance of the project, establishing controls to understand the project P&L status at any time.
- Identifying project risks and actively managing them, devise contingency plans as appropriate.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 3 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, ideally in MEF sectors. Managed projects up to £1M. Experience working with Network Rail/London Underground would be a benefit.
- Ability to be customer focussed whilst representing the needs of Quinn Infrastructure.
- Excellent communicator both oral and written and able to provide clear and concise instruction to the team.
- Strong negotiating and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work independently with minimal guidance; understands when to escalate an issue.
- Strong organisation skills, able to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Leads with passion and enthusiasm to succeed which motivates and encourages the team.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients and other departments.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in an appropriate discipline is desirable. Depth and breadth of experience will be taken into account where these qualifications have not been attained.
- PRINCE2 practitioner or equivalent.
- Capable of reading drawings and schematics
- Knowledge of NEC Terms and Conditions
- London Underground working permits
- Network Rail – PTS card holder preferred
- IOSH trained preferred.
Culture and Behaviours:
- Works with passion and enthusiasm to succeed.
- Have the ability to build relationships quickly and motivate the bid teams.
- Emotional intelligence and ability to be flexible with style of working depending on the situation.
- Happy to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- Willingness and enthusiastic to get involved with all tasks.
- Comfortable and experienced in working closely with other departments/teams and collaborative team working is essential.
Hours and Environment
- Standard working hours but flexibility may be required in order to meet project deadlines.
- Occasional night time working may be needed to monitor progress and motivate the teams.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients and stakeholders.
Our Employee Flexible Benefits Plan Includes:
- 25 days annual leave per annum.
- Option of Private Healthcare membership for employees and their immediate family after 12 months service.
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contribution after 12 months service.