If you are an experienced Estimator and want to contribute significantly to the growth and development of an innovative company and engage in a fantastic team environment, we’d like to hear from you.
The Bid Team is a shared services function and manages all bidding and quotation activities. The team works closely with all departments ensuring the collaborative production of high quality and winning submissions.
The team is small and strong and works closely to achieve the common goals leading to business growth.
The role of the estimator is to identify the labour, plant and material requirements by studying proposals, specs, drawings and related documentation.
You will also be expected to prepare and submit quotations for work along with assessing levels of risk and providing risk analysis.
- Produce bill of quantities and estimates.
- Helping with the bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
- Computing costs from analysis.
- Visiting sites as required.
- Managing sub contracts and quotes.
- Preparing analysis and reports for process and gate reviews.
- Analysing information, requirements and reporting on the results.
- Strategic planning whilst understanding client requirements.
- Strong organisation skills, able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment against tight deadlines.
- Accurate with a high attention to detail.
- Professional and confident to communicate across the business at all levels.
- Excellent Excel Skills.
- Enthusiasm for proposal writing
- Ability to translate technical solutions into clear, succinct written responses.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline is desirable. Depth and breadth of experience will be taken into account where these qualifications have not been attained.
- Proven estimator experience.
- Have an understanding of the industry qualifications and standards and work within those.
- M&E Experience
- An understanding of the rail environment is ideal.
- Certified Professional Estimator would be preferable.
- Relevant GS / Engineering construction management qualifications would be preferable.
- Experience of managing multiple deadlines.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
Culture and Behaviors:
- Works with passion and enthusiasm to succeed.
- Have the ability to build relationships quickly and motivate the bid teams.
- Emotional intelligence and ability to be flexible with style of working depending on the situation.
- Happy to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- Willingness and enthusiastic to get involved with all tasks.
- Comfortable and experienced in working closely with other departments/ teams and collaborative team working is essential.
Hours & Environment
- Mainly Office-based, but required to attend some client meetings and site visits.
- Most of the time you will work a relatively standard week. But, as an important submission deadline approaches, you may be working additional hours.
Our permanent employee flexible benefits plan includes:
- 25 days annual leave per annum
- Option of Private Healthcare membership for employees and their immediate family after 12 months service
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contribution after 12 months service